"The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian does make me a different kind of woman." ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Lead Me To The Cross

Lead Me To The Cross

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Strangest Dream

So I was taking a nap this afternoon, and I had a crazy dream. It was so weird that I woke up trying to go back to sleep so that it would continue to play itself out. I'm going to try to relate it here, so here goes....

I was up at Texas A&M six months before I was attending school there, so January 2013. My mom said she had worked a deal out with the dorm advisors that I could move some things into this dorm before I actually lived in it, since it was unoccupied. So, she and I were moving things in, and I was getting super excited about attending. Next door, some girl started playing SUPER loud music, and I remember thinking "Great. Am I going to have to deal with this all the time?" So then some girl shows up with her mom and comes into my dorm. My mom and her mom are talking, and she and I are talking, and somehow her brother and dad show up. The weird thing was that her brother and my mom starting talking, and I think the boy was completely enamored by me. He and I got to talking, and then the dream flashed forward.

I was sitting with the girl and some friends, and my cell phone kept going off like crazy in front of the whole cafeteria and I COULD NOT turn it off! So the whole table was laughing, laughing, laughing. But from this picture, I got the impression that this girl (the boy's sister) and I were best friends. She may have even been rooming with me at this point, but I don't remember.

So I was at this beachside restaurant with the boy and my friend (his sister). Apparently, the boy and I were dating. So he was messing around and being dangerous and I was like "baby, stop. Baby, stop, you're gonna hurt yourself" and every time he would semi-hurt himself I was like "baby, are you ok?!" So somehow he hurt himself pretty badly and got up and was furious at me. I don't know exactly why, but I was like "Baby, no! Just come here, baby please don't go. Come here." But he just walked away, furious. I'm pretty sure he said "We're through." So I just walked away, too.

The dream flashed forward AGAIN, and I was walking to a class or something. I was really sad and I could tell from the dream that I'd been really sad for a long while. Maybe a few months or a year, I don't know. So I was walking to class and I asked this guy I knew for directions or something. I'm pretty sure he brought up my ex while talking or whatever, but we stopped talking and I thanked him and said goodbye. And he goes "I love you too!" and then biked away. Since I knew this guy was someone I had known throughout college and my former relationship, it made me think that I was somehow a girl that everyone wanted to be with. Don't ask me how, I just remember watching this "scene" going, "Wow. I was viewed as pretty desirable or something." I remember laughing, and walking across this bridge to get to my classes. From the looks of it I was in some art class, and passed some art class on my way to my class.

I walk into my classroom, see several candles, and immediately drop my books and turn to see my ex, my best friend, and another friend hiding in some wardrobe thing at the end of the hall, smiling at me. I start crying and run to my ex, who's strangely quiet but has this odd expression on his face like he's about to burst into tears. I asked my friend what was going on and she was like "he can't live without you. He stabbed himself because he missed you so much." implying that the boy had tried to take his own life because he was so upset over losing me. I took his face in my hands and, with tears streaming down my face, cried, "baby, where'd you stab yourself? Why would you do that to yourself?" And he started crying and I just held his face and cried with him. He pulled out some box and said something like "I've been waiting for forever to do this to you." and opened the box and slipped a ring on my left ring finger. So, he basically proposed to me. And I remember thinking "I cannot break his heart, but how am I going to be married to someone who gets so angry so easily and so emotional?" But I remember crying because I felt so sorry for him and I loved him and I was confused... all these emotions just balled up into my heart and I had no idea how to seperate or communicate them or anything.

And that's where the dream ended. Sorry for such a rushed, inadequate version. I hope to quickly turn this into a story. I just found it ironic. I haven't been in the slightest relationship for years, nor have I wanted one or thought about one for a while. So it was odd that I had this dream now, at a point in my life where relationships are not relevant.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I think you must have been doing some heavy subconcious thinking because it looks like your subconcious decided to run amock in you dream! It's happened to me before. I know God has a man out there for you and hopefully he isn't an emotion psycho, otherwise your blood bro and I will have to beat the crap outta him! And when you kept saying, "Baby, you ok? Baby..." I was like "BABY BABY BABY, OOOHHHH!!!!!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! you have weird dreams.... :P I could totally see this being an actual story though, and I hope you never end up marrying a psycho like that! It's scary! :(

    ReplyDelete

Please, share your opinion. I welcome respectful debate, constructive criticism, and compliments!