"The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian does make me a different kind of woman." ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Lead Me To The Cross

Lead Me To The Cross

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Confrontation...

...Is the hardest thing. And, as much as I seem like the kind of person that can easily handle confrontation, I'm not. It takes all the courage I can possibly muster up to confront someone. It's so hard! Especially when you don't know what to say, there's so much to say. But the situation needs confrontation.

I just confronted someone recently. It was one of the hardest, most nerve-wracking things I've ever done, but I had to do it. I had to be set free from this situation. Does anyone else ever feel like that? Where the only way out is, like, guarded by vicious dogs and razor sharp blades slicing with immaculate accuracy and alarming speed? *sigh*. Why can't anything be easy?

Reminds me of that country song by Reba: "what do you say in a moment like this? When you can't find the words to tell it like it is. Just bite your tongue and let your heart lead the way..."

But the truth is, that the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked, who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9) So, I think I'd prefer to listen to my Jesus. I think I'd prefer to let my Jesus lead the way. In a world of Godlessness, I am going to be beloved. I want to be beloved of God, like David was. What a wonderful treasure! And I want to be God's beloved at all costs. Even if it means not listening to my desperatley wicked but wrecklessly persuasive heart and listening to my Jesus instead.

Will you take the challenge with me? You may have some confrontation to take care of. Whether it's with your job, your parents, friend, boyfriend or even ex; if you feel like the Lord's telling you to confront, take courage. You're not alone. And listen to your Jesus for guidance. If He died for you, I'm pretty sure He could give you some great advice. He must know you better than anyone else, including yourself. After all, He did DIE for you. That's not to be taken lightly, you know!

Let's let God take control of our confrontation issues. Let's let God take control of our fear. Because we need to have courage! The Bible uses courage as a word of praise. Both Esther and Joseph of Arimathea are praised for courage for standing up to authority at great risk to themselves when they could have sat in physical comfort, but mental anguish, by remaining silent (Yahoo Groups contributor direct quote). So let's be courageous! Let's confront! Stand up to those who you need to confront.

May God bless you and your battle towards courageousness.

Lord, bless those who have courage, the few who truly fight for the right thing. You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your opinion. I welcome respectful debate, constructive criticism, and compliments!